The AirVape Legacy PRO is a hybrid or combo vaporizer that vapes both flower and wax concentrates.
This 2022 version of the AirVape Legacy PRO is the latest edition to the original Legacy combo vaporizer with many improvements and new features.
This upgraded Legacy PRO edition has a couple major improvements including a larger battery and chamber, and a sleeker shape that’s lighter and feels better in your hand. The Legacy PRO also features more efficient heating, improved airflow, and several other new features.
What’s Included with the AirVape Legacy PRO
- AirVape Legacy PRO
- 18650 Legacy Removable Battery
- Concentrates Pad Insert, Gold Plated Basket for Microdosing
- USB-C Charger Cable
- Cleaning, Loading Tools
- Replacement Filter Screens
- User Manual
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Design & Features of the Legacy PRO
Here’s the standard features of the AirVape Legacy PRO:
- Vapes both flower and concentrates
- Haptic feedback (vibrates when reaching optimal temperature)
- Fast heat-up time
- Adjustable auto-shut off timer (3, 5 or 10 minutes)
- In-activity auto-shut off timer (60 seconds of no use)
- Precise temperature control (200F to 440F)
- Simple 3 button interface with LCD screen
- Ceramic Mouthpiece
- Removable glass airpath
- Removable large capacity battery
- Gold plated heating Chamber
- Built-in adjustable micro-dosing disc
- USB-C and wireless charging
- On-demand temp boost
Notable improvements on the AirVape Legacy
- Hybrid heating – more flavor and efficiency
- Bigger chamber – increased size by 20%
- Improved airflow
- Easier to clean – eliminated tiny parts
- Structural improvements like hinges and seals
- Wax mode with higher temperature range
- Built-in adjustable microdosing disc – no more need for separate insert
- Shape and weight – aesthetically pleasing curves and lighter weight
- More powerful battery – 3200 mAh
- All matte black finish with gold plated accent
|Dimensions||119 mm x 52 mm x 21|
|Materials||Hemp-based textile, Vegan leather, Black ceramic, 24K gold plating, Glass airpath|
|Battery||18650 rechargeable li-ion battery; 3200 mAh capacity; USB-C rechargeable|
|Heating Time||Reaches optimal vaping temperature in 15 seconds|
|Heating Method||Hybrid conduction + convection|
|Temperature Settings||precise control from 200°F to 440°F|
How to Use the Legacy PRO Vape
Here’s the basic use of the AirVape Legacy PRO:
- Loading the vape – Open the lid to pack a bowl of evenly ground up dry herb flower.
- Power on/off – 3x clicks of the power button to turn on the device.
- Adjusting temperature – When powered on, use the up/down arrows to set the temperature; device will automatically start heating up and will vibrate when the target temperature is reached.
- Start puffing away.
For more advanced use and additional information, check out the AirVape Legacy PRO user manual here.
My Experience with the Legacy PRO
My first run with the Legacy PRO was fantastic.
In testing the Legacy PRO, I packed a bowl of some super fire flower that I got from a local grow op. This is some top shelf herb that is packed with flavor and figured it would be a good way to test how well this vape transfers flavor.
I tend to vape small bowls so I loosened up the micro-dosing disc to compact the size of the bowl. I set the temp to 320F.
Great vapor performance
As soon as my targeted temp was reached, I noticed I wasn’t getting much vapor. I waited about another minute (as displayed on the shutoff countdown timer) – then that’s when I really started to notice great vapor clouds and an extremely tasty creamy flavor that transferred over from my buds like I’ve never experienced before.
This vape does such a fantastic job of delivering taste and flavor. So delicious.
Although the vape reached a temp of 320 quickly, it might still take about a full minute or so for the bud to really start releasing full vapors.
Make sure to use a quality grinder that will shred up your buds well. With a convection vape, you want to maximize surface area for hot air to pass through evenly and for more dense vapors.
Lately, I’ve been using the GR8TR grinder from Kannastor. This high end grinder uses interchangeable grind plates, allowing you to do either a fine or coarse grind. Read this article for must have dry herb vape accessories.
In the end, the Legacy PRO produced a sizable amount of vapor that was very enjoyable and induced a nice buzz.
Legacy PRO drawbacks
One of the drawbacks, which is a pet peeve of mine with vapes, is that little pieces of weed come out of the chamber and get stuck around the air vent screens and the micro-dosing disc. Fortunately, this is less of a problem with the PRO model versus the original Legacy vape. As long as you keep it clean, the vape should continue to perform well.
Built-in micro-dosing disc
I like the fact that the micro-dosing disc is built into the device, rather than requiring a separate micro-dose insert to carry around. However, the disc can be difficult to rotate as you can’t tell how far it can spin before unscrewing from the device completely. It’s also difficult to tell how much of the chamber volume size is actually reduced from loosening up the disc. It is a great idea though and I will have to experiment with this more.
I still need to test out using the concentrate pad for vaping wax and playing around with different temperature settings. I’ll be sure to update this review when I do so.
So far though, I love the look, feel, and performance of this all new Legacy PRO. It’s solid as a dry herb vape.
Price & Where to Buy the AirVape Legacy PRO
Warranty Information – Backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
Upgrade Program – AirVape gives discounts if you already own one of their vaporizers. Learn more about the AirVape upgrade program here.