California legalizes adult-use cannabis: 5 Need to know Facts
Legalization of recreational cannabis in California becomes a reality starting January 1st, 2018.
What does that mean for you?
There’s a couple of key law changes that you should be aware of if you plan to exercise your new California freedoms:
5 Quick facts about the new laws:
- Buying hours: Cannabis can only be purchased between 6am – 10pm
- Age requirements: You have to be 21 or older to purchase recreational (18+ for medical)
- Prices: You can expect to pay up to 45% tax on your cannabis purchases
- Buying limits: You can carry up to one ounce of cannabis
- Licensing: Availability of recreational sales is limited from city-to-city
So, do you still need a medical card to buy cannabis?
You won’t need a medical card to purchase cannabis if you’re over 21. But, having a medical card is still a good idea because it will help you avoid 15% excise tax that’s applied to all recreational purchases. It will also expand your options of dispensaries and delivery services to use that have only been issued temporary licenses from the state.
Get your medical card online in minutes with NuggMD.
Where to buy legal cannabis in California?
Check out Leafly’s list of dispensary locations recreational cannabis will be sold as of January 1, 2018.
Check out the Eaze on-demand cannabis delivery service that delivers medical and recreational cannabis for adult-use.